The mission of the Richardson High School Athletic Booster club is to maximize the potential of all RHS sport and spirit programs while fostering the success of our student-athletes both on and off the field.
The RHSABC is a registered 501c non-profit organization led by a four-person management board in partnership with six VIP coordinators, team coaches, and parent reps. The RHSABC meets on the first Monday of each month during the school year in the RHS library and all are welcome to attend. Check our calendar to confirm meeting dates and times.
WHAT WE DO
RHSABC funding and organizational support provides for the following:
- The annual RHS Barn Dance for freshmen and sophomores
- The annual Back to School Picnic
- The catered dinners, called Dinner on the 50, held during our football home games
- The football tailgate parties
- Catastrophic care insurance, which is provided free of charge to all RHS, West and Westwood students participating in UIL activities.
- The sports banners hanging in the gym
- Team fundraising
The RHSABC also made it possible to improve the athletic department by purchasing weight equipment, elliptical machines, chairs, timing equipment, a new Oscar mascot uniform, the football run-thru, team trainer certification, projectors, water tanks/coolers, score tables, plus many of the other items needed by the teams throughout their season and playoffs.
HOW WE DO IT
The funding for the RHSABC primarily comes from the following sources:
- Booster club memberships
- Football program sales
- Spirit wear sales
The success of the RHSABC is also owed to the generous donations of Richardson High School parents, local businesses such as North Central Ford, Haystack Burgers and Spring Creek Barbeque, as well as many other loyal RHS fans in our community.